Books

I think I read best when I am in a quiet space. I don’t exactly know because when I am reading in the car my family is usually having a conversation that isn’t important to me so I tune it out, but sometimes it is important. I still tune it out. Then halfway through their big conversation about whatever I hear something and I ask, “What’s that?” My parents tell me it is none of my business and I go back to reading.

I will say that this usually doesn’t happen and that I like to read in a quiet space. When do you read best?

What is your favorite book? My favorite book is Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I first found out about this book when my parents were talking about how I should read more challenging books over the dinner table when I was 9. I didn’t know what they were talking about but after watching the movie I was hooked and wanted to read the book. The next day I went to the school library and checked out the book. When I read it I found out it was a little different from the movie but that didn’t stop me from reading it. After I read the Percy Jackson and the Olympians I figured out I loved Greek Mythology, so I read the rest of the series. Then, I read nonfiction books about Greek Mythology.

Now you may be thinking, there are more books by Rick Riordan. Yes, I have read most of them. But which ones? I have read: The Heroes of Olympus, The Kane Chronicles, Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, The Trials of Apollo and most recently, The Sun and The Star. I have been hearing there is a new one called The Chalice of the Gods but I have not even seen it. 

I have not really found a really good book in a while. Because of this I have been re-reading series. If you can, I would like it if you recommend a book in the comments. Thanks.